Cruise ship? Pirate ship? Cargo ship? Cardboard ship. If you have everything to hand this is a quick 15min cardboard project for hours of toddler fun.
A cardboard box
Scissors or a stanley knife
Brass paper fasteners
This project centres around my new craft wonder accessory the brass paper fastener. I am trying to use them in everything I do.
1. Cut the flaps off the top of the box and keep them to make the anchor.
2. Cut circles in either side of the box for port holes. These then become your steering wheel.
3. Draw a wheel on the circles (does it have a technical name? I can’t think) and then fix it to the front of the box using a brass paper fastener
4. Draw an anchor on a chain and fix it to the side of the box using a brass paper fastener.
5. Draw waves on the bottom of the box.
5. Put a small chair in the box for the toddler captain.
You can also make a telescope from the leftover cardboard.